YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

SNAPSHOT: FROM EVA WILLIAMS




These are two photos of the Arriola Family, who came to Hamid-Morton from Spain in 1952, they did a fast paced Trampoline Act, and a three people Knockabout Act. Three of the girls also worked in the aerial ballet and are pictured below with the regular H-M girls.
The top photo is Enrico, & two of his sisters dressed for their Knockabout Act.
In the bottom photo, the gentleman on the left was identified to me as an Uncle, next is Tony, next are three sisters, then the mother, aunt, and Enrico.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great wardrobe in the top photo. Covers a lot of skin yet flashy. I can see this type of wardrobe for elephant acts where a group of woman work together. It would flatter all the figures that may not be so perfect. Very nice I was not appointed wardrobe person police, but I would love to put together a show in that job capasidy [?].

8/10/2006 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home