YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, November 18, 2006

POLACK BROS. 1960 #4

You'll see this act quite oftten in programs of the '50's & '60's

Two tricks I remember in this act, a round-of flip-flap somersault to a two high, and the girl jumping straight up, from a two high to a three high.


A performer walked into the wardrobe room once, and said to Jimmy Douglass," my wife is going to do a Husky Act like GeeGee's". Jimmy never looked up, & never missed a stitch, he replied,"Your wife might do a Husky Act, but NO ONE, will ever do one like GeeGee!

This was a fantastic Tumbling Act, another one you'll see a lot of

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met Luciano,Ricardo and Papa of the Reberte Trio..at the 1959 auto show . I was representing my community as Miss Brighton Park. They were amazing in spirit also..Luciano stole my heart. He and his family are the best of the best and always will be safe in my heart forever ...June..Miss Brighton Park 1959.chicago,illinois

2/04/2009 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home