YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

THE YEAR THE AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY BLEW THE ARROWS

MERCURY

OLDSMOBILE


CADILLAC

Now in case you are wondering what these Automobiles have to do with Circus, well they were all made in Detroit, Michigan in 1959. So fasten your seatbelts because that's where we're going almost 50 years backward.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rode into the circus arena in this "Caddilac". Even drove it having never driven a car in my life on a turnpike to NEW YORK on the way to Wakefield,Mass. JC went to sleep and I got lost. Story of my life. Never has seen a circus before either. This blog thing SURE brings the memories all back. Wish it worked that way for the real circus.

11/13/2006 8:06 AM  
Blogger BOBBY'S LITL BRO. said...

bill, i tried to comment eariler but will give it another try. i remeber on gil gray max craig had the fasted olds with a trailer behind it i have ever seen folload by cleo pluncket's caddie please e-mail me your e-mail at caseygibbssr@yahoo.com casey

11/13/2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

When Max passed you on the road it sounded like a Jet, I found out what it was when Trudy & I bought an Olds Super 88, 4 Door Hard Top Convertable,(above) just like Max's. In fact there were 13 of them on the show when we were there. They all had the old 4 speed Hydromatic transmission and when you dropped it into "Super" it jumped right out from under you.
I remember clocking Eddie Murillio at 80 mph., shifting into super & and going around him like he was sitting still.(while pulling a 27' Yellowstone trailer). When you tell people about the Gil Gray "rat race" jumps, they don't believe it!

11/13/2006 6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MORE POWER!!! You guys were crazy back then. Wasn't it fun? Your JET was in the air Bill. Bet you all would give a year of your life to do it just one more time. Know I would

11/13/2006 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home