YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

THREE RING DISPLAYS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE




Here are three rings of Head To Head Juggling Acts, The Bizzarro Brothers, Max , & Remo; Jose Torres,(my apology to his partner for not being able to identify him); and, The Torinos, Antonio, & Pepi Olmeda.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK who are the females.? I had fun styling for a juggler once. I can still juggle three oranges, hoops and pins. Not all at once. I do have a problem juggling the check book..

11/07/2006 7:42 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

The girl assisting The Torinos is Antonios wife Denise, she is the daughter of Peggy & Joe Zoppe, & sister to Roger & Dennis,(her twin).

The girl assisting Jose did a Contortion-Acrobatic Act under the name, Minut(?), Jose Jr told me who she was but I have forgotten.
I first met Jose & his family in Mexico on Circus Atayde and we have been friends since, their other son bought the Pharoahs Cradle rigging from us.
After I sold the complete set of photos, it kept bothering me that I should know the man in a close up. I finally blew up the inscription on one photo and I could barely make out the name Torres. When I talked to Jose Jr. I discovered that his father had lost everything when he fled Cuba, so I made copies for him, which he was very happy to get.

11/07/2006 9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danny has 2 photos of the Great Barton that I would like to send you that have a similar table shown in the hand balancing pictures of Lothar and Hadji.

11/07/2006 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home