YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

THROUGH THE YEARS # 3

JOHNNY ZOPPE'S RHESUS MONKEYS
Now here is an act that has never been duplicated, & has never been equaled, Johnny was one of funniest men I ever saw,(no disrespect David)



LEMKE'S CHIMPANZEES
Left to right are Sammy, Suzie,(who lived well into her 30's), Joe Lemke, & Marvin Varner,



VICTOR JULIAN
Here is an act that was Very Much Duplicated,,,,but still Never Equaled, he was One Of A Kind!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right! He had class and those who tried to copy him, managed only to make him look better!

2/16/2007 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never saw another act like Julians. Maybe I did not reconize them as they would or could not ever come close to this man and his act. One of my all time favorites that I never missed a show if he were on it. The very best of the best. Never once could I ever find a flaw in his presentation.

2/16/2007 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Played Rochester as a feature for many years. I had the pleasure of working for M&M when he was here. He was a delighful man and the consumate performer. Bill in Rochester,NY

2/20/2007 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home