YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, February 09, 2007

CLOWN ALLEY!!!!

For some reason I am unable to post comments on Pat Cashin's "Clown Alley", I just finished watching videos of the great Joe Jackson Jr. break-away bicycle there. Thank You Pat!!

If you love comedy, you'll find a link on Buckles' Blog to that site, or go to,,,,clownalley.net,,,, don't miss it, he also has Willie West & McGinty.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any information on Willie West & McGinty?

2/14/2007 5:32 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Annonymous:
Not a whole lot, I worked on the bill with them for 1 week in 1956, watched them every show and have been a fan every since. I got to be friends with a younger member of the act, & all he could talk about was driving his dump-truck hauling coal when they were not working the act. I'm sure you can pick up some history off the internet, especially from vaudeville sites.

2/15/2007 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home