YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, April 01, 2007

QUASSAR'S QUIZ:WHO IS THIS YOUNG AERIALIST

I'm sure there are those of you out there who will guess this little lady on sight, to others the following hint may tell you who it is.

For all you "Silk Worms"(my term for Silk Acts), & girls who like to get all wrapped up in a web, & slide, or roll out of it, this girl was way ahead of all of y'all. YEARS AHEAD!!!!

HINT: The hooks & ropes you see across the top are her husband's Single Trapeze.

*Photo available at "THE GIBTOWN CIRCUS DIME"S STORE" on eBay*

16 Comments:

Blogger Bob Cline said...

The Poise and Grace, along with the "rings" and long hair point me towards the incomparable Dolly Jacobs.
Bob

4/02/2007 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE... ONE.... AND.... ONLY...
DOLLY....
SHE.... NEVER... TOUCH...HER...TOE...TO...HER..KNEE.

4/02/2007 9:25 AM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

I vote with Bob -- what do we win if we're correct ??? I mean there are prizes , right ??? How about some pizzas ???

4/02/2007 8:53 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

IF I WERE TO GIVE OUT ANY PRIZES SO FAR, IT WOULD BE LEMONS.

I'LL PUT A HINT ON TOMORROW THAT MIGHT HELP.

4/02/2007 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember MIMI as a blonde??
But, my memory is not what it used to be.....LOL

4/03/2007 9:38 AM  
Blogger Bob Cline said...

I Like Pizza. Dominoes delivers. Jim, your place or mine?
Bob

4/03/2007 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No' not Mimi. Maybe Benita DEl-Oro?

Geeee; Bob' now you made me whant to have a pizza with every thing on top and well crusted.

4/03/2007 11:09 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

What ever happened to, "PizzaPizza"????

The announcer said to her husband when he was working,"you'd better be careful, you might fall", he replied, "that's ok, I'm comin down anyway"!

4/03/2007 12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I remember that line from Jimmy Troy. I think that looks like Cherie Troy, if my memory serves me. Even if I'm wrong, I'm having Pizza anyway!

4/03/2007 1:11 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Hey Jim,
It looks like Ron Perry wins the Pizza, since it's my blog, I'll buy, since the Pizza was your idea, I'll let you deliver it. Ron lives in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

A little seriousness here, you guys can't know how much your comments are appreciated. When I go to Sarasota people say how much they enjoy the blog, and that makes me feel good. But it's the comments that really make it worth it!

4/03/2007 4:23 PM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

Do you guys have any idea how hard it is to stuff a pizza in an envelope ??Maybe stapeling the envelope shut will help --- Bob you got any stamps ??

4/03/2007 7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great I am craking up lauhging.

4/03/2007 9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SORY...I...WAS WRONG...
EVERY... ONE.... GET.... A DELUXE...PIZZA....

4/03/2007 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BY...THE....WAY..NINETTE...
NOT...BENITA...DEL ORO...BUT...

PINITO DEL ORO...LOL...

4/03/2007 9:55 PM  
Blogger Bob Cline said...

Jim,
I've got a bunch of them. Just used them one time, but the color and the size are still the same. That OK with you?
Bob

4/04/2007 9:21 AM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

Yep !

4/06/2007 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home