YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

SNAPSHOTS BACK DOWN THE ROAD #5

SCHOOL DAYS
I wonder if Jr. High School, & High School boys still wear Letter Sweaters, & let their "Steady" girlfriend wear them. This is my Jr. High Football letter, I guess you can tell I didn't have a "Steady" girlfriend. It was 1949, & I was in the 9th grade.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As allways' Bill you look pretty sharp!

4/12/2007 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BILL
Is this springfield? If so what part?

David

4/12/2007 6:20 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Hi David,
That's 344 East College Ave. near north side. Looking up at the end of the alley behind me is Chestnut St. I just had a great flashback of walking up Mason St. on my way to Roosevelt Jr. High,(we walked to school back then),and was on the part of Mason between Cecil & Casilly, where it is just an alley.WOW! They tore Roosevelt down you know, & SHS is going down too, no respect for the past.

4/12/2007 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to collect these sweaters. Never gave them back. I just dated the guys to get the letter. Must have had 4 or 5 of them. I moved a lot back them.

4/12/2007 9:45 PM  
Blogger GaryHill said...

Dutchess, could you spell out a word with them?

4/13/2007 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

W W L G H You know how bad my spelling is Gary. Could mean anything. I know there is a Washington, Webster, Hoover and Lincoln and Granite. I just remembered them. Can not remember the fellas names. But then again I forget the name of my X of 27 years most of the time.

4/14/2007 7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary I can name every animal I ever owned. I have my priorities.

4/14/2007 7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,

I was told today that they want the kids from both high school, to go half days. North in the morning and south in the afternoon, until the new south done. You will be happy to know they going back to Springfield south high and wildcat.
david

4/14/2007 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home