YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, April 08, 2007

PARTY TYME #4

Those Showfolks are always eatin!



FLAG'S UP
From L to R, Carol Brent,(Chapman's Revolving Ladder); Chris Fay,(Wells & The 4 Fays); Connie Wilson, Gretchen Atterbury,(daughter of Bob & Vernice); Dime Wilson, Danny Chapman, & Roger Mirales,(Flying Marilees)!



TIME FOR DESSERT
Actually this is later in the year, a Pie Eating Contest, in Quebec City. L to R, Johnny ?, Raymond Miranda, Little Red,(later married Joe Zoppe's sister Germania), & Rusty Faucher, these guys were all members of "Fingers" Castle's Prop Crew.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Referring to Little Red ----
Could that be the same "Red" that I knew as Ross Holland??
What ever became of Germania's younger sister Yolanda Zoppe??
Wasn't there a brother also?

4/08/2007 9:05 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I believe you are right, as far as I know they are still living in or around Hugo, as is Joe's brother Enrico, who did the Comedy in the act before Roger & with Roger before retiring. As for Yolanda I have no idea, I'm getting to the age where I am afraid to ask about anyone!

4/08/2007 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enrico Zoppe;
did a very good head spin,in the riding act.heard that he had a ranch .some were in Texas,

4/09/2007 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home