YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

DAREDEVIL ACTS #2

These two pictures are courtesy of Buckles Web Log!

I wonder what strange name the BMX riders would give this trick????


BICYCLE RAMP JUMP
For years I have heard stories of P.J.Riggins, whose ramp was supposedly nearly a city block long, and occasionally have seen pictures of the act, the only difference was a gap in the ramp that he would jump on the way down. When he made the jump at the bottom the bike would land in the net, and he would dive into a water tank. I have no idea if there is any connection between Riggins & Van Norman


LOOP THE LOOP BICYCLE RAMP
For the life of me I can't see how he got from the long ramp to the loop, maybe I'm missing something.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is some kind of mistery' but could it be that part of the round circle turn as soon as he get on from the top? and conect to the holding front that stay stationary so able to get that jump.??

4/05/2007 10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has you come of the ramp,
with that speed. it is easy to pick up your front wheel. and up
you go.to the other end. and around you go until you are out.
viola!!!!!

4/05/2007 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He;he; no kidding' I would never thaugth that'. By the way what does it meeans "viola"?? did you ment "Voila!

4/05/2007 8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well it look like I skip the 'a' in 'meant'. I do need to slow down in my typping, he'he'.

4/05/2007 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ninette.
Thank you for the info.of VOILA.

4/06/2007 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home