YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

AND THIS WORLD JUST KEEPS GETTING SMALLER!!!!

One of my eBay customer bought a Kelty photo of The Ringling show in Irvington. N.J., and her buyer name had the word,"olympic" in it, so I took a shot in the dark, and asked her if she knew of this place. I received the following email & this picture.


Yes....I grew up in Irvington, NJ...lived directly across the street from the Main Gate .. I do not think that I have to tell you what a great place Olympic Park was!!!....I am so please to hear from you...someone who remembers..... I spent many afternoon in my youth in the early 1950's watching the circus performances at Olympic Park. Many circus performers rented places in my neighborhood during the summer....those were the days... ...hence my interest in the circus life, Olympic Park, and Irvington, NJ in general... Keep in touch if you wish to do so...I would be pleased to know more about you, your experiences at Olympic Park, and the stage shows that you worked there and elsewhere.... Sincerely, Geri [aka olympicgirl]

One of those little memories that always come to my mind. Every time the announcer would announce an act, he would say to bandleader Joe Basile, "Aaaalll Right Proffessor"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home