YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

IN MEMORY: YARO HOFFMAN

This email was just forwarded to me by Eva Williams.

OUR SYMPATHY TO BARBARA.


I am not sure what to say …. you probably did not know Yaro was ill for the past three-four weeks, it came on so suddenly. Maybe there were small signs, but we just didn’t know….Yaro died tonight from a blood clot in his lungs. I hate you finding out this way but it’s the quickest way to reach you! As always, Barbara

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our deepest sympathy to Barbara. Yaro was a very unique person.

4/04/2007 10:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yaro was my step father. My three daughters, wife and I are shocked. I am terribly depressed and my sister who lives in our town of Columbia, Missouri is also quite distraught.

Thousands of children had the chance to witness the majesty and elegance of these great predatory cats in circuses across the U.S. and Canada. Risking extraordinary harm every show by going into that steel arena with a half-dozen tigers, his untimely death came by ordinary means. The future of the Exotic Cat show remains to be seen.

If you know of any newspaper articles or photographs which were done on Oregon, I would like to get some copies and contact those elements of the press. I want to see if I could get pictures of their last times together.

Mike

4/04/2007 11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our deepest Sympathy Barbara. You and Yaro were on our show several seasons. He was always willing to pitch in when needed. He loved the business. GOD BLESS.

4/05/2007 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home