YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

CIRCUS AMERICA: HORSE-BACK RIDING TIGER, & WHEELS

HORSE-BACK RIDING TIGER
This was supposed to have been Jacqueline as "Jane", but again because of her injuries from the Rocket accident Tarzan substituted for her.

THE SENSATIONAL LEIGHS & JOHNNY LUXEM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I beieve this wheel was later bought by Joe baur and is still worked by his son. "Dominicks Wheel of Thrills"

5/04/2007 3:12 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Now I feel a little dumb, I just did a brief history of Wheels for the Circus 4 Youth web site & I know although I didn't cover that in the story, Lee & I did discuss it. I may be wrong but I think Dominic has the Luxem Wheel, now I'll have to check that out.

5/04/2007 4:12 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

By the way, you can visit Leigh's new web site at:

http://sensational-leighs.org

5/04/2007 4:22 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Dominic's wheel was the second one built by the inventor Clay Beckett, it was bought by Hennie "Celeste" Luxem, & worked by her nephew Johnny, due to a disagreement she took the wheel back & sold it to Giraldos, it was later purchased by Bauer.

5/04/2007 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home