YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

FROM JASMINE McGILL: REGARDING ZEFTA LOYAL

Zefta Loyal
My great grandmother and grandmother were Zefta Loyal, & Zefta Loyal, aka Dolly.
I have MANY pictures but my great grandmother has passed away and I want to know more about it.
Most of the people in the time era that you have posted are my ancestors,
my uncles and aunts mostly some cousins;

my name is Jasmine McGill.

MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER


MY GRANDMOTHER

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lady shown in the photos named Zefta, if memory serves me right, would be the generation of Justino, Esterina, Germana, and Boiza. I also knew Mama Repenski. I was a young one then in the late 50's on Royal American shows. Mama Repenski had some mandril baboons in an exhibit on the midway. They also had a giant tortoise that she would let us kids feed lettuce that went by the name of Lucy. They also had a show, The Abominable Snowman, semi trailer mounted and world's smallest horse show.My mother spoke very highly of Zefta and rated her as the top woman bareback rider. I believe she said she did somersaults and flip flops on the horse also somersault from horse to horse. She also said Justino rode the horse like a chimp. He could do horse to horse somersault, land on the horse's head and save the trick without a miss. My mother said the Cristianis were the greatest bareback riders ever and the Loyal-Repenski troup was right up there with them. Visiting Zefta's gravestone in Hugo,ok, I was amazed to learn that she had lived so close to Dallas, TX. My mother admired her so much as a performer also a pal and a friend. They both could have done some visiting before they passed away. My mother,s name was Aurelia Zavatta Hall from the Zoppe-Zavatta riding act from the Cole show era in the late 30's.

9/12/2007 11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zefta.
was a very good performer, also a great person.
her sister in-law Ermides Cristianis,wife of Justino ,
was my second counsin,
her mother maiden name was Zerbini.married to cristiani...
sincerely.
mireille theron arnosi.

9/13/2007 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justino and Ermide were my grandparents and my father is Remo Loyal who's first cousin is Gina, Zefta's daughter. I grew up visiting Zefta and she was a wonderful person.

1/11/2009 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home