YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, November 16, 2007

GIL GRAY'S BACKYARD 1960

If you watch the "Today" show in the mornings, at the end of the weather forecast you'll hear Al Loker say. "here's what's happening in your neck of the woods". Well here are some of the things that were happening in Gil Gray's backyard in 1960, see if you see anyone you know.

9 Comments:

Blogger Pat Cashin said...

Looks like Gene Randow, Billie Burke and Harold Simmons at the beginning.

11/16/2007 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I met that fellow in the orange (red) coveralls wearing shades.

11/16/2007 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live now in Las Vegas, NV, and the little girl is my older sister, Elizabeth Rodriguez. She still lives in Sarasota, FL working as an executive at the Ritz Carlton. The other three people with the Spanish outfits, is my father's younger brother, Roberto Rodriguez, his sister Bertha, and the man on her left would be her ex-husband, Antonio Ramirez. They all worked for my father in his bar act which was called the Rodriguez Family.

11/17/2007 5:29 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

paulo: It's good to hear from you, I almost put a quiz to see if anyone could guess who she was.
I worked bars for 6 years & I didn't learn as much on the bars all those years as I did practicing one season with your father on the Gil Gray show. There will always be a warm place in my heart for the whole Rodriguez family.
By the way tell your father that since George Hubler died, the new Aerial Bar Act next year will have to be just him, Pete Ivanov, & me!!!!

11/17/2007 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made laugh Bill'. I Just love your good sense of humor.

11/17/2007 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whooops''' I forgot the 'ME' just like allways' too much in a hurry.

11/17/2007 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bill and Trudy I'm Marychris Rodriguez formerly Olmeda, and I am a big fan of your webpage because I had the good fortune to work with a lot of the performers that you feature and if I didn't I certanly had heard of them by reputation, like Lilly Yokoi, whom until you posted a video of her I only knew by hearing my father and uncles talk about her! I was wondering if there was a way that we could somehow download on our computer those pictures and videos that are most near and dear to us, like the video of my sister-in-law Elizabeth as a little girl on the Gil Gray Show? If there is please let us know, and keep up those great memories!

11/18/2007 5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLA...MARYCHRIS...
NICE...TO...SEE...YOU...ON...THE...LOG....
IT'S ...A...GREAT...ONE....

11/18/2007 8:01 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Hi Marychris,
Sorry to take so long, answering, skimming photos off the blog is not too hard, first left click on it to enlarge it, then reduce the size of the window, left click the image again,holding the button down and drag it off onto your screen. As far as the movies go, I'm still learning to put them on, I tried to email one to someone but my email program said it was too big. I'm still a dummyon this thing.

11/20/2007 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home