YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, November 09, 2007

SNAPSHOTS #2: THEY CALL ME,,,,MR. GIBBS!!!!


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The top photo was taken in Columbus Ohio at the fair grounds,on the Gracie McIntosh date. The bears names are Bubbles and Brandy and the boob leaning on the cane is yours truly.
The lower is at the Gil Gray Dr.Pepper Circus,elephants are Marie,Shirley and Ione

11/09/2007 9:45 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I thought maybe it was Columbus, but wasn't sure enough to go out on a limb. Trudy & I spent a lot of time in that barn when we were in the Quarterhorse business.

11/09/2007 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn;t recognize the "bleach black" hair~ ....

11/09/2007 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr James Hall with dark hair and look at that stance, this for sure must have been before Tepa's cooking and Elaine to run all of his errands. It's that time of year when we remember the Bobby stories and the Vegas party but at we still can see Jimmy at Evansville in a couple of weeks.
Ralph in Baraboo

11/10/2007 3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elaine, to run the errands ?
How about Elaine to do all the work !
Jimmie be da executizer dese days !

11/13/2007 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would think he could get it done with his own help, but no, he has to railroad mine. I called my son the other night, after the KC date, to find out how to start a generator, and was told, "I can't talk now Pops, I have to help Tepa and Elaine load Jimmy's circus wagon. Keep an eye on your help if he is around. Wade Burck

11/14/2007 9:46 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Hey Wade,
That's par for the course, I can remember years ago when my kids were helping someone else, & the someone else's kid would be helping me.

11/14/2007 10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Wade,
I told your son to call his daddy
also warned him to take caution,it's only 31 more days till "Christmas"

11/14/2007 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home