YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, December 14, 2007

CIRCO ATAYDE 1992:THE FLYING MARQUIS

This was to be the main feature last Sunday, but I didn't realize it was too large, and couldn't get it to upload. This is the Marquis Family that also did the Cradle Act with the Foot Revolves & Break-Away slide. I split the movie into two parts, which fixed the problem.

TO BE CONTINUED,,,,,,,,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,
I mentioned to Trudy that I have trouble downloading the movie's you put on your blog. The only Marquis I was familiar with was the family with the chimp's. Is this the same family? How many people in the flying and cradle act?
Thank's Wade Burck

12/15/2007 10:22 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

wade: Be sure you click the video start arrow twice(why I don't know).

Most likely I have spelled the name wrong, no relation.
I know there must be some history of the Cimp Act, I first saw them doing comedy skits on TV that were great, like looking through the knot hole in the floor, later on circuses Bill Naud had them, I don't know whether there is a connection.
I first worked with the Cradle Act on Fleckles, it was the mother, & two sons, we also worked with them later on Castle, what I remember most is when the boys did the Foot Revolve, the mother would let out a blood curldling scream, that made Trudy & I want to just give up and climb down the ladder.
I think the Flying Act was the father & three sons. The sister Gloria did a Head Balancing Trapeze, before leaving the family.

12/15/2007 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home