YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

JUMBO 1935

The You Tube title for this is "1935 Rehearsal of Jumbo"....What confuses me about that is the appearance of "The Kimris Duo", airplane act, because I know that Leon,(on the airplane side) fell during the dress rehearsal, and never worked in the act again. He was replaced by his wife, Vera.
Since my wife, Trudy & I worked this act for 18 years starting in Nov. 1964, it was quite a thrill to find this film.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a great video Bill, Makes me remmber when there was a Show Business. Alas I still miss what really is no more. Yes there are a few places that still try and I applaud them all. We live with our memories and great friendships and the Blogs too! Thanks for your hard work and TIME.... Mr. Lee

12/12/2007 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know you had posted this film clip. Its great. I enjoyed the Kimris act. But was really surprised to see Barbette. I have worked with him but had never seen him perform.
P. S. your doing a great job.
Penny

12/12/2007 7:10 PM  
Blogger Mireille theron arnosi said...

Penny cherie;
yes. we worked for him ,but never
seen is act, wath a great playger.

we also work, with the lovely kimris.
mani moon's ago.
great memories. Thank you.

Merry Christmast.And A Happy
New Year 2008. To All.

12/13/2007 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home