YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, January 25, 2008

THE CYCLONIANS: JOYCE & CHARLIE VAN BUSKIRK

What can I say to describe the Van Buskirks????

UNICYCLISTS SUPREME

GOOD FRIENDS

GREAT PEOPLE

FABULOUS ACT

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knew that Charlie was a uni before becoming ringmaster extraordinaire! I grew up with Charlie V as my image of what a real ringmaster was on Wayne McCary's Maine Shrine Dates! AC

1/25/2008 10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see them again if only in a photo.Kim Sue sees them each year and keeps me posted.They are two of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.Best wishes to them always.
Joanne Wilson

1/25/2008 1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlie and Joyce lived here in Rochester for many years. He performed in the Damascus Shrine Circus several times and they were in the production of Barnum when it was here one year. Their daughers also performed in the act.
Great people and good friends of ours. Bill Galloway

1/26/2008 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got to be the first person to try this neck swivel trick. Joyce figured if he didn't drop me (40lbs heavier) she'd go ahead and dot it! cc

1/27/2008 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home