YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Monday, March 09, 2009

FROM DON ANDERSON: SPEAKIN' OF REMEMBERIN' THE '50'S

LUNCH COUNTERS,,,,WOOLWORTHS,,,,& PRICES LIKE THESE,,,,ALL GONE!!!!


What's an Ice Cream Soda???? When I was in high school, I worked in a department store cafeteria as a "soda jerk". Anyone know what that is????

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bill: I remember as a youngster going to my Mom's favorite ice cream store in Detroit called Saunder's. I always ordered a Cherry Soda that contained vanilla ice cream, cherry syrup and soda water. The soda water made it a real soda!
Neil Cockerline

3/09/2009 3:18 PM  
Blogger henry edgar said...

my high school job at an ice cream store making sodas, sundaes, malts and milkshakes paid for my excusrions to such faraway places as macon, meridian and tallahassee to visit the beatty-cole circus and montgomery to visit ringling and somehwere in georgia to visit cristiani-wallace from the time i was a 14-year-old fan in dothan, alabama until i made an upward move to a drive-in movie theater as a high school senior. and i still remember how to make all of those concoctions, though it seems nobody even dips real ice cream anymore -- a nickel for one scoop, a dime for two

3/09/2009 5:12 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Remember Isley's, with the bullet shaped dips.
Here's a little quiz. What is a "Tin Roof" sundae?

3/09/2009 5:30 PM  
Blogger OrMaggie77 said...

Isn't it a hot fudge sundae with peanuts on top.??.

3/10/2009 3:53 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Margaret,
It could have been different in different places, but that's close enough. Where I lived it was a chocalate sundae with peanuts.

How about a "Black & White" sundae?

3/10/2009 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home