YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, May 12, 2006

SNAPSHOT-- THE EYES HAVE IT!


They both seem to be saying, "I DARE YA", Dime Wilson, & Dougie Ashton, and naturally Dime's lifetime sidekick Connie. I saw a piece of publicity material once that Dougie sent to an agent here in the USA, when he & his wife were in Australia. There was a notation that they would soon be coming home!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pat Cashin said...

There are quite a few stories out there from Ringling Clown College grads about just what a character Dougie was.

A really unique and very funny guy.

The American circus needs more Dougie Ashtons today!

5/12/2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger GaryHill said...

What ever happened to Antonio Hoyo's? He did the Chaplin character like Dougie. Did the two of them ever work together I wonder?

5/12/2006 6:32 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I'm not sure how to put this to make my point. Dougie was the only person I was ever around that never turned it off, yet you never got tired of it.

5/12/2006 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dougie as always great fun to be around. When taking him to any kind of press or TV appearance there was always something of a "sense of danger." You never knew exactly what he might do or say. He would sometimes almost go over the top in an interview and then pull back just in time. Amazing wit and timing. Yes, the circus needs more Dougies for sure!

5/14/2006 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home