YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, May 13, 2006

SOMEWHERE IN TIME


What a beautiful bannerline, I'm quite sure this is on a Carnival, or fair. The Wilson family were on John Francis United Shows, in 1920, and on Ziegler United Shows, in 1938-39, & briefely in 1940. I know that Dime Wilson had Snake Shows throughout the years, and at times had Monkeys, but I don't find anything that would indicate this show was his.

4 Comments:

Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

If I follow the bannerline,"Trained,Dog,Pony,Monkey Circus", what's the black thing hanging in the air between the next bannerline, with what looks like two or three persons standing below or behind it ??The band's dressing room ??

5/14/2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I think that's where the Bagpiper practices!!!!

5/14/2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

Practices ?????

5/14/2006 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bagpiper practices??!!

5/19/2006 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home