YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Monday, July 24, 2006

KRONE KORNER: EXTRA! EXTRA!


Although she didn't work the season, she was a big hit in the Winter program, working the James Clubb Chipperfield Mixed Act with John Illig. You should recognize her from her many years with Carson-Barnes, Pat White.

11 Comments:

Blogger Bob Cline said...

John and I are both from Sandusky, Ohio. We both worked for Jungle Larry's for a few years. John was training the Chimp act at the time and had a few young lions he was breaking. He wanted desperately to be around bears and I believe he actually got to work for Albert Rix for a while before joining James Clubb. I understand he had a big bear act in Europe with the Clubb organization. John is a great guy. I'm thrilled to see he has had the opportunities and all that he has achieved.
Bob

7/25/2006 8:56 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

John worked the big Bear Act on one of the Winter programs in Munich while we were there. We spent a month with him in Caracas when he was with Albert, John is truly a pleasure to be around.

7/25/2006 12:10 PM  
Blogger Bob Cline said...

Pat has always been a terrific personality in the arena. This photo exemplifies her persona. The last I heard she was in Japan with a James Clubb act.
Bob

7/25/2006 3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat and John are both back together again working a Clubb mixed act on Kintoshita in Japan. I also had the pleasure of working with John at Jungle Larry's.

7/25/2006 11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Darryl and Bob Cline:

For that matter, to anybody who can direct me to a source for researching circuses in Japan. Mabel Stark told me often of her work there, but alas, never mentioned the name of the show. This was 1954-1957. I've searched the net for Japanese circus history, but obviously I'm missing the right sites.

Thanks in advance, everyone.

7/26/2006 3:41 PM  
Blogger Bob Cline said...

Roger,
Obviously, I'm missing the right stuff also. I found out that the Kinoshita Circus is the oldest circus in Japan. I also found these names: Hyakumensou Circus, Yokohama Circus, Kino Circus and the Bolshoi Circus but it's first performance was in 1958.
I also have a photograph of Tamura Circus located in Yokohama in Feb. 1953. If you are able to find anything out, let us know.

Bob

7/28/2006 5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't Pat White work Hawthorn cats on Jordan world Circus in say 2002-2003?

7/31/2006 12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

8/10/2006 3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who worked with this cats in the season ?

10/22/2008 10:35 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I believe Pat worked them, but not on Krone. Trudy Strong worked the Hawthorn Gold Tigers on Krone from 1994, thru 1999.

10/22/2008 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Pat worked them in 1997 in Circus Louis Knie and John Illig took over the act halfway 1998 on the Great Russian State Circus. Does somebody have some pictures of this act for me ?

Thomas

12/26/2008 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home