YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

WILD ANIMAL TRAINERS FROM THE ARCHIVES OF HANS-JURGEN AND ROSEMARIE TIEDE


I recently discovered these photos that were sent to me in Germany in 1955. Hans-Jurgen Tiede saw his first Wild Animal Act,(Albert Rix) in 1949 at the age of 8, since that time he has been recording the histories of Trainers from all over the world, and has written many books on the subject. The problem is, they are all in German.
The first Trainer in this series is Derix Togni of Italy with an act of 8 Tigers on Circus Derix Togni, in 1958.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I corresponded with Hans-Jurgen some years ago, giving him some information on American trainers he wanted. I have a question or two I have hoped to ask him. Does he have an e-mail address?

8/13/2006 9:59 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Roger, I'm working on that now, I have the email of another man over there who does the same thing, but I do know this man doesn't hob nob with some of the other "Big Cat" researchers so I'll let you know in a day or so.

8/13/2006 10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really not impressed with that GIG he is using. I would think this would be used in training to hold a small hunk of meat. It could sure do serious damage to a valuable animal.

8/13/2006 10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems when I was assiting him with names and bios, Han-Jurgen by then had about 4,000 of us in his encyclopedia. He gave me some galleys of part of this, but as you say, they are in German, where I still stub my toes. I wish there were the demand that they be translated and marketed worldwide.

8/15/2006 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home