YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

THE ERIKSONS # 2



This is a much later version of the act, Steve is no longer there but the act has grown, this is the Clyde Beatty Circus 1952, & left to right are Hans, Penny Wilson, Conchita Morales Erikson,(Karl's wife), Herbie,(and if you think Herbie is not a girl's name, you are right, but then Herbie, is not a girl), & Karl.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well who is Herbie and what's the deal. Has to be a story there somewhere!!!

9/08/2006 3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Herbie was already in the act when I joined them, He was from Germany. I understand he left them not long after I did. Only story I know is that they had booked three girls and being small he was the obvious one. He also did Web and Iron jaw dressed in drag. By the way Concha was married to Karl not Hans. I think there was a connection between Hans and Herbie but I was never possitive.
Penny

9/08/2006 11:37 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Penny, Thank you for the info on Herbie, & the correction, I will edit that right away. I believe another young man, Ralph Oyseth also worked in the act in drag. I worked with him on Polack Eastern in 1955 when I was working Aerial Bars, & he was catching for Harold Voise.

9/09/2006 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home