YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

QUASSAR'S QUIZ: WHO IS THIS MYSTERY LADY


I think any hints I give for this one would be a dead give-away, so you're on your own.

This comes from Jackie Wong, who said it was given to his sister when he was 3, or 4 years old. I asked him when he was born but I think he gave the wong year!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has the sweet face of a DOLLY

9/10/2006 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm taking a wild guess.

Bird Millman?

Oh, that's right. I get 2 chances.

May Wirth?

9/10/2006 10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The computer just blitzed my last try. So, for my 3rd chance, acting on the suggestion by Rebecca, could this be Dolly Castle?

9/11/2006 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roger, I don't think Bill is going to tell us who this DOLLY is!

9/13/2006 10:51 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Well if I must,,,,,,as I emailed one guesser. Have you ever seen a "Punch, & Judy," Show????

9/13/2006 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO

9/13/2006 8:13 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I know a clown who has two lovely daughters , who is no relation to the Mystery Lady!!!!

9/13/2006 8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dolly jacobs. former wife of terrel jacobs and mother of terrel and carol. figure that out.

9/15/2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger Larry allen Dean said...

I guess your hints didn't give it up so easy
is it Dolly Jacobs
Carol ?

9/15/2006 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I was wrong first.

9/15/2006 10:24 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Yes, guys, & gals, it is Dolly Jacobs, former wife of Terrell Jacobs, & Mother of Terrell & Carol, aka Punch & Judy. It was sent to me as a Mystery Lady, but if you know Judy, you can see some of her in the face.
I think we are all winners when we can see great performers from the past like this. I think Buckles wins the grand prize for starting the ball rolling!!!!

9/15/2006 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buckles is a "PRIZE" all by himself. He has made a new world for all of us "OLD" timers who remember the wonderful world of the "CIRCUS" as it used to be. Thank you to all the other "OLD" timers who keep the ball rolling with even more history. It has given so much pleasure to all of us whos memory has been "REFRESHED" and happyness restored by the click of a mouse. The newest wild animal for the "CIRCUS"

9/16/2006 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home