YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

QUASSAR'S QUIZ: MYSTERY LADY


I obviously removed the signature from the photo of this lovely young lady, as you can see, it was inscribed in 1949, and I can tell you it was on Polack Bros. Circus.

The question here is not so much who she is but how fast it will take John Heriott to answer!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clara Delbosq presenting Saranado the musical wonder horse with her father Adolph. A great act well presented.

11/08/2006 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry Bill. MR said I should have waited and made it more interesting. I agree so please continue the segment. It is fun and the comments are great. Now to reciprocate with some circus trivia. A few years ago there was an acrobatic act, now retired, that used the stage name,"Glenn Martin and Company". Who was Glenn Martin? and who was And Company? So if you know please wait and see what comments might come up. Thanks.

11/08/2006 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two clues on my trivia question. Glenn Martin is somebodies uncle and An Company later with a different partner became a great team of circus arialists.

11/08/2006 11:41 AM  
Blogger Bob Cline said...

And Company wouldn't happen to be our gracious host would it? Bill went on to have a startling aerial career with a different partner than "Uncle" George.
Bob

11/08/2006 6:48 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Curses!!!!,,,,,,,,I've been exposed!!!!
& CO.

11/08/2006 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home