YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

THREE RING DISPLAYS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE




Since this is "The Year of The Dog" in China, the Dog Act display in Evansville will have a Chinese theme.

Here is our display of Chinese Acts with, The Canton Brothers,Hing & Fat, & Hing's wife Lomay;(here pictured with Cole Bros. Circus in Yankee Stadium, 1950); The Asia Boys,(with Ringling Bros. Circus, Madison Square Garden, 1948. And in the Center Ring, an act that was a legend when they were still working,The Yong Brothers & Sister.

5 Comments:

Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

In Europe when performers who remember, talk about Great Acts, The Yong Brothers are always mentioned.

11/08/2006 6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since we are fantasizing, I would love to see these great acts in Showfolks Circus this December!
LOL

11/09/2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

In the second half of his show, when the audience might be getting a little tired, Al Dobritch would put in a fast paced, exciting act to wake them up. My choice for that spot at the Showfolks Circus is The Wazzan Troupe!!!!

11/09/2006 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, THis is completely off subject I know. But I know you and Trudy are going to Evansville and I am just wondering if you knoew who produces the show??

11/11/2006 11:45 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Jared,
Actually Trudy & her sister Joanne are going, I stay home to take care of the animals that stay behind. The date is produced Paul V. Kaye,(Kaye Continental Circus)

11/12/2006 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home