YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, February 17, 2007

NINETTE'S MEMORIES #3

JIMMY TROY
Did you know that Jimmy Troy Fell 9 times, he was as tough as they come, a trouper & a "showman"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ninette:
I had the pleasure of seeing Jimmy Troy's act back in the early 1970's at the Hospitaler Circus in Lansing Michigan when it was produced by Harold Voise. I was with my father and we were absolutely thrilled to say the least. His comedy did not cover up his incredible skill and mastery of his art. Even at that point, I had seen a lot of solo trapeze acts, and my father's love of the circus went back to the late 1930's when he had first seen Gargantua on RBBB in Detroit. We were both totally blown away with this act and I will remember it forever. Even as my father was dying from Cancer a few years ago, he would bring up the circus and would always ask me, "Do you remember that guy we saw in Lansing, that was the greatest act I've ever seen- even better than Gargantua!" Thanks for bringing back this memory for me once again.
Neil Cockerline
Minneapolis, MN

4/17/2007 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home