YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Thursday, July 05, 2007

SNAPSHOTS: MORE FROM AROUND THE LOT

GUYIN' OUT
The old fashioned way!


TRUDY & JACQUE ALIZE
Jacque was catcher for the great European Flying Sensation Pierre Alize,(sp?), he also caught Tony Steele, & Roger Miralles, formerly of The Flying Marilees.


3 Comments:

Blogger Bob Cline said...

Just a note worth mentioning, a great set of photos. What a fantastic insight into how other shows operate in other parts of the world that we rarely get to see. Just goes to show how we in the United States could elevate our standards a little bit. Naturally that requires more investment and more transportation. I've been on that side of the coin before as an owner of my own tiger act. None the less. Thanks for sharing with all of us.
Bob

7/06/2007 9:16 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I can only say, I was as much in awe of this show the day we left as I was the day we arrived, a span of 6 seasons.
The awning to the left of the guy out crew is our trailer, so we had a great view of the set up!

7/06/2007 12:39 PM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

Here's Trudy ( unblonde) in her golden boots , and the guy next to her wearing Elmer Fudd reject boots - I probably won't win any prizes now , but it had to be said

7/07/2007 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home