YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

FIRST IMPRESSION #3: LOVELY LADIES #3

LILI-ANA
I really don't recall another cat act making an entrance as such, of course she removed the feathered cape & headpiece before entering the cage.(I wonder how Josep would look in,,,,,naaah! never mind)!


MARIE MARSOLAIS
I am not familiar with this young lady but she is lovely & feminine in her boa lined cape, and I'm sure makes a very nice appearance entering the ring for her act.


TAVANA LUVAS
Tavana obviously prefers the family tradition of her mother Isabel, & grandmother Trudy Luvas wearing a flowing full circle cape.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

after that picture of josip in his roman skirt - don't give him any ideas!he's unquestionably one of the best trainers of all time - but nobody is likely to ask him to put his legs in cement next to betty grable's

8/10/2007 1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised no one has suggested that if you don't belong to The Circus Fans Association and receive Whtie Tops you are missing out on the the July/Aug - 2007 issue featuring TRAVANA on the cover...With at least 13 pictures and story by Lane Talbert. This is no doubt a must story to read and the pictures of TAVANA, her husband Danny, parents, Isabel and Peter, Grandmother Trude, Struppi Hanneford's former partner and much more. This is the revised White Tops....

8/12/2007 8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lane did that interview with us alomost 2 years ago and I was very surprised when the editors of White Tops came to Kelly Miller a few days ago and gave me a copy. White Tops has really turned into a great magazine for our industry. I am thrilled to be on the cover. Going into my second year of retirement, its nice to know I am not forgotten yet!

8/12/2007 12:26 PM  
Blogger Jackie Marsolais said...

I'm the unknown girl in the orange boa. Jackie Marsolais. I did lyre and upside down walk and eventually switched to single trap along with the loopwalk. That photo was on the cover of Circus Report I believe in 1987. Thanks for the site, it brings back so many memories.

8/26/2007 8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okidoki

11/28/2007 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home