YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, November 17, 2007

SAURDAY NIGHT: FEATURE PRESENTATION

Well I guess one out of three is better than nothing I'm going to run at least this much, hopefully the other two will come around too.

THE JOE ZOPPE FAMILY OF BAREBACK RIDERS

This was taken on Polack Bros. Circus in Pamona Calif., the year is unknown.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should be 1965

11/18/2007 7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Jimmy Cole say that was 1965 ?

11/18/2007 7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Jimmy could be correct. I believe the horses names were Lady, Babe, Roni and Sonny. This would have been the older set of horses they had when Enrico, Joe Zoppe's brother,got off the road. I remember as a kid getting my foot stepped on by each and every one of those horses.

11/18/2007 7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES....
THAT....WATH....HE....SAY....
THAT...SHOULD....BE....1965....
LOL.....LOL...
YA...THAT....SHOULD....BE....1965.

11/18/2007 7:54 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I think he said it was 1965!!!!

11/18/2007 8:08 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Rico had a birthday party in the back barn at which I had a few, then while standing talking to Roland Tiebor Jr. & not paying attention, every time Rico found a glass with something,(anything) in it he would sneak up and pour it in my glass. When it came time to go home and I went out the door into the 18 below zero temperature, I went straight to my knees. I remember crawling through the snow on my hands & knees but don't remember getting to my trailer. Obviously I did make it home.

11/18/2007 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home