YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, November 09, 2007

SNAPSHOTS: FROM DAVID POWELL

HOXIE BROS. BACKYARD
An unidentified clown, year unknown, that might be Dime or Gil Wilson's truck, they built their own truck bodies their whole lives.

CHARLIE DeWEIN
CFA member, ex Springfield, O. cop, and a pretty good photographer. I knew Charlie as a policeman for years before I knew him as a "fan".

THE PHAROAHS
This is the old Fairgrounds building in Dayton, O., when Trudy hung down by her toes she used to reach down & move our slop shoes to the side so her feet wouldn't hit them when she took a swing to come back up on the trap bar. One show I got after the prop crew for walking past us with Gutis Palm tree.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, the truck isn't Dads or grandpas. The doors are on the wrong side unless the picture was printed backwards. Grandpas had a door in the center but dads did have two doors one for our quarters and one for props. There was no bed in the front and this one doe's. It does look like one that dad could have built. I am not up on models, but dads was a cheve and grampas was a dodge. If I'm wrong about the door it could be grampas. I would say late 50's Penny

11/09/2007 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once on Jordan's show, the prop crew was trying to move Benny Fornasari's comedy trampoline during my act and I felt the whole rigging shake, I stopped what I was doing and it shook again. They were hung up on one of my guy lines and couldn't figure out what the trampoline was stuck on! The next show, the decided to just roll in right underneath me!

11/10/2007 2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That truck is of the 60"s era

11/11/2007 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home