YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

THE GHOST IS RIDING: IT'S PAYDAY

I was afraid the term, "THE EAGLE IS S------G" might offend someone!!!!


Here are some "Weekly Statements", & "Pay Vouchers", from way,,,,back,,,,when!


RINGLING BROS. AND BARNUM & BAILEY COMBINED SHOWS INC.
This was evidently the standard salary for the Advertising Dept.



PAY VOUCHER,AL G. BARNES 1938
Now check out the name on this one.



WEEKLY STATEMENT, BARNUM & BAILEY 1921
Roy Ralph must have been someone important, that seems like pretty good money for 1921.



WEEKLY STATEMENT, BARNUM & BAILEY 1916
Maybe Swakoski should get a job sprinkling!



DEBIT: BARNUM & BAILEY 1914
Unless my eyes deceive me, they paid this guy $5.00, & six tickets, for sprinkling,
I think in 1914, he could consider himself well paid!



I QUIT
Now this has to be a first,,,,two weeks notice????

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Naughton said...

Hi Bill, Sorry I missed you when I was in Sarasota. Penny and I visited at Showfolks.
The Frank Buck receipt of $500 per week would be the same as $7500 TODAY, approx and using approx 4 per cent per annum as the rate of inflation.

Good Tidings of Joy and Bring Em Back Alive!

12/16/2008 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home