YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, May 13, 2006

NO IT'S NOT A TIME MACHINE


This is the "SMART", it is a fuel effecient automobile used especially for city driving in Germany. I don't think I would want to drive one on the Freeway, the best thing is if you find a couple cars that are parallel parked, with enough space between them, you just back in perpindicular to the curb,

6 Comments:

Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

How many seats are in this thing? You wouldn't want to put your bagpipes inside, and then sit on them, would you?? I just read something in Bandwagon about Trudy and Joann having dog acts,in the review of last year -- are you guys still on the road -- for some reason I got the idea that you were retired from the business, and just sat around all day and thought up witty things to write?!?!? Once again , I'm confused!

5/14/2006 11:30 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I'm the only one here who sits around all day, and believe me, it's not what it's cracked up to be. The girls are semi-retired,
they both have dog acts that they work occasionally. They both work the Evansville Shrine Show every year, (this year will be five in a row). Mostly they work the end rings in a display, one year they combined the two acts with both working the act in the center. Joanne is on the road with, "The Will Rogers Follies", Stage Show, but they finish this week and she will be coming home.

5/14/2006 12:48 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Actually it's rather roomy in the front seats,,,but then again, two front seats are all it has!

5/14/2006 10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eddie Kuhn brought one back from Germany. He hauled it behind the cat simi. I think it only had one wheel in the front.

5/17/2006 2:17 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

These haven't been on the market very long. The car Eddie brought back was probably a BMW-Isetta, the single wheel was in the back, & the whole front was the door. They got 63 miles to the gallon, and top speed was 53 MPH. The '57's, & '58's, sold for around $1,050.00, now as a Classic, I think it is around $30,000.00. As I remember, Tommy Hanneford also had one.

5/18/2006 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its when you let the air out of the player not the instrument Gretchen. I am not a bagpipe rights person so don't delete me Jim. I was going to sign anonamous.

5/20/2006 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home