YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRUDY



On top is Trudy ready for the Dalmatian Act, notice her pony Dory Miller hiding behind the tree from Mac, Mac kept throwing dirt at him!! On the bottom she is standing in the back door of the big top with Caballo, & Cajun.

5 Comments:

Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

These photo are from Circus World Museum, 1983.

6/17/2006 8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRUDY!!!
HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!!

FROM THE Powell Family (SPRINGFIELD, OH.)

6/17/2006 5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wardrobe with the Dalmations is great. I have worked with a few of this breed and my hat is off to you Trudy. Give me Tigers any day. When a pet passed my training course I would take them across the street to the fire department and take their picture with a fire truck.

6/19/2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Rebecca, Trudy says Thanks, working with the Dals was a challange, especially since she chose to do a Liberty act routine.But as you know they love to run, and they are aptly nicknamed "people pleasers" even as stubborn as they can be, they love praise & work for a pat on the head, and a kind word. I will run some pics one of these days.

6/19/2006 5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, The problems I had was with the owners, not the Pet. Wrong people got the wrong dog for the wrong reason. {101 delmations} Owners always thought thay had to have a tight grip and almost hang the poor animal. I always train with a halter, never a collar. Getting their attention is half the battle. I always gave them plenty of time to settle down before we ever started any commands. I should say request as commands sound too harsh, I found you have to make the pet want to do what you ask. If you use force you will never have a trust worthy pet. Am I a dog person or what? Once I get started there is no end. See what your pretty picture started?

6/19/2006 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home