YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

DO YOU KNOW THE NAME OF TRIGGER' S COWBOY



There was an email going around a few days ago with the names of the horses of some famous cowboys, now here's a switch that should be easy for you old fogies, if you're not afraid to give away your age. I have removed the inscriptions from these two pictures , except for the name of the horse. You tell me the name of the star, & the character.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cisco, where are we going. Oh Pancho, I don't know.(with the appropriate accent thrown in) cc

9/13/2006 1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leo Carillo (SP?) as Poncho and Duncan Renaldo as The Cisco Kid.

Darn I'm old!

9/13/2006 1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot Ciscos name, but Pancho is Leo Carillo. cc

9/13/2006 1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT IS OBVIOUS LEO CARILLO AS PANCHO AND DUNCAN RINALDO AS THE CISCO KID. I WORKED WITH THEM IN THE CHICAGO STADIUM COLE BROS CIRCUS. LEO CARILLO WAS ALWAYS IN THE ROSE BOWL PARADE FOR MANY YEARS. HE WAS WALLACE BERRY SIDEKICK IN PANCHO VILLA MOVIE. DUNCAN RENALDO STARRED IN THE FIRST GREAT JUNGLE EPIC ACTUALLY FILMED IN AFRICA. HARRY CAREY WAS ALSO IN THAT MOVIE.

9/13/2006 8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sneaky way to check the demographics of your audience!!Wait, I am obviously the youngest since it was my grandmother that told me about this. ...cc

9/13/2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

What's a cowboy ??

9/13/2006 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim, Haven't you seen Brokeback Mountain?

9/13/2006 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The devil made me say that.

9/13/2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger GaryHill said...

Steady Dutchess!

9/14/2006 8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My next-door neighbor, Mildred, was secretary and sister-in-law to Leon Dollins,who ran Waco's Heart O' Texas Coliseum. Mildred got me in the backdoor to meet all the visiting stars. Duncan Renaldo starred at our fair one year, and was among the nicest gentlemen who appeared there. He was working solo, while Leo Carrillo worked elsewhere. Renaldo was an orphan, and could never trace his origins. Mystery even surronds his place of birth--New Jersey, Romania, and Spain have been guessed. He was never certain, but did spend time growing up in Spain. He was a very regular guy, who told us his wife was mad at him for taking this date, as he had not finished painting her kitchen.

9/15/2006 2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never was much of a cowboy fan. But, When "The Cisco Kid" came on TV I was right there as close to the TV as I could get. Had the awfulest crush on the man. I was very young way back then. Still got a small thrill when his picture came on the blog. I'm not dead yet.

9/15/2006 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO FOR IT,lol lol lol.

11/10/2006 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home