YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

SNAPSHOT FROM JACKIE WONG: GIL GRAY CIRCUS EARLY 1960'S


Lum Wong of The Jim Wong Troupe is the only one I've ever seen do this trick, and I don't believe anyone has done it since. Going into a handstand at the bottom of the bar in the right foreground, he would then walk up the bar sideways,(on his hands), turn and cross the bar to the other side,then turn again, and come down the other side,(which is where he is in this snapshot), then walk on his hands to the front of the stage,(or ring), snap down to his feet & do a couple flip-flaps.

He also cooks the best Chinese food I ever tasted!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand that Lum is something like 94. Still smoking cigars and has a girlfriend.

11/09/2006 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a VERY young girl JC took me to a place in San Fransisco for dinner I was not about to eat that food. Hunger finally got the best of me. Pressed Duck "sorry Jim" in almond sauce. To absalut to die for. When we went to Chicago He always took me to a Mandrian restruant. The waiters got so used to me that JC never had to tell them what I was haveing. Back in those days a female was never given a menu. The best food in the world. Only fault, I took my x for lunch at my favorite Chineze place and had too much PLUM Wine. Next thing I knew we were remarried. UGH

11/09/2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Lum is 96, Yes, he still smokes cigars, & he and his girlfriend have been together for about 40 years.

11/09/2006 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To day my idea of 'haute cuisine' is a 6 pack of Old Milwakee and a take out pizza.

11/14/2006 7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lum was a great poker and here player he took a lot of money grom Gene Randall and Oscar Dennis on the Gil Gray show

1/16/2007 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home