YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, February 17, 2007

NINETTE'S MEMORIES # 2

I sometimes think of Leon Fort as the forgotten wire walker, so many people talk about Seitz & Mendez, without knowing there was a third member in the act.


LEON FORT
Bill, this is Leon Fort, he started with the Wallendas, then went with Joe Seitz & Gene Mendez, then worked as stuntmen for the movies one of them was the big Hotel that caught on fire, then he ended up at the "Circus of the Stars", as a teacher with Boby Yerkes for the movies stars. A real nice guy he was. Ninette.

FORTSEITZ-MENDEZ
Gene & Joe remained partners for many years after Leon left the act.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pictures Ninette!!

2/18/2007 10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Fatima.
I always thaught that so many great perfomers never get a chance of been reconized, and some are gone forever and thanks to Bill' they get a chance to be remembered, this is some kind of tribute to them tha I am happy to be in some small ways part of it. Ninette.

2/18/2007 12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What ever happened to a High Wire Walking lady named "MALICOVA"? No sure of the spelling. She was from Germany I think. Reminded me of Riatta Wallinda. She played a Fleckles date I remember. In Minisotta.

2/19/2007 4:30 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ninette,
I new Leon Fort very well. I'm his daughter Stephanie. Thank you for remembering him.. He was far more then a great performer. He passed away May 2005. How did you know him?

2/20/2007 6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie! your father Leon whoom was a great friend like a brother to me since 1952 untill his last days we where in thouch. I have some wonderful memories of him and some pictures, and mails, if you would like to get a copy of his pictures including one of you, do let me know how to get in touch with you. sincerely Ninette.

2/20/2007 10:25 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ninette,
I look forward to speaking with you! Please send e-mail messages to skatetostayfit@yahoo.com.
Thanks,
Stephanie

2/22/2007 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home