YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, February 17, 2007

SNAPSHOTS: MEMORIES FROM NINETTE'S SCRAPBOOK.

THE SHERIDENS
I never saw this act, but what is it they say about a picture being worth a thousand words????

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what happens when you tell your kids to "be careful" too many times. They rebel, Big Time.....wouldn't be surprised if the head balance apparatus revolves too. Amazing. cc

2/18/2007 7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bill,
I randomly came across your blog and just loved it.I was a little sad that I didn't make the cut after all the time I spent with your son playing football on the Texas Dates.
I will keep checking in.
Sincerely,
Sylvia Hernandez (DiStasi)

2/18/2007 10:59 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Hi Sylvia: Good to hear from you, those were fun times for all of us, the sad part seems to be that our whole business didn't make the cut somewhere along the line.

2/18/2007 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI- This picture of the Sheridans appears in John and Alice Durant's book, PICTORIAL HISTORY OF THE AMERICAN CIRCUS in a section on Shrine Circuses as I recall, although I'm not sure that it is identified.
Neil Cockerline
Minneapolis, MN

4/17/2007 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Tawny said...

Hi, May 7th 2009

I am Leon Fort's daughter Tawnya. I was born in 1960 and remember some of the wire acts. I joined my dad for many Circus of the Stars events in L.A. out at Boby Yerkes house. My dad was married to my mom Carol do you remember her? Both of them have passed away. Dad passed away about 4yrs ago. Really miss him! You mentioned a real nice guy, on your blog. I must agree plus a thousand times more. He was a Beautiful, kind, generous, and Genuine person.
If you or anyone knows my dad and would like to e-mail me...my e-mail is fermiongold@yahoo.com

5/08/2009 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home