YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, November 09, 2007

ED SULLIVAN PRESENTS: THE WAZZAN TROUPE

Last saturday night at Showfolks Mulay Brahim came to me to ask a favor, one of the former members of the Wazzan Troupe, Baha, is ill, and Mulay & Fatima thought it might cheer him up if I could post the video of their appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show on Yesterday's Towns for him to see.

This movie is dedicated to Baha, who is the understander here, & as Papa Wazzan would put it, "The Most, Strong Man"



A Personal Observation: To the Wazzan Troupe, I believe there are some things we are allowed only one of in a lifetime, you were one of those things in mine. You were great pyramid builders, & great tumblers, but most of all you were "showmen", you were what Circus is about. I seriously doubt we will ever see the likes of you again!

Baha my friend, I wish you well!

3 Comments:

Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

This comment accidently got on the wrong post, so I have moved to here.

Mokhtar Chaoui has left a new comment on your post, ED SULLIVAN PRESENTS: THE WAZZAN TROUPE

Dear Bill,
Thank you for the best wishes for our friend Baha. We all wish him the best and we appreciate the memorable tribute to the Wazzan Troupe, your presentation of the troupe on the Ed Sullivan Show and your best wishes.
Your friend,
Mokhtar, from the Wazzan Troupe

11/11/2007 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic, don't you wish an act this good was in show business today?
Great energy, great tricks, great people; who could ask for anything more?
A friend of the Wazzan Troupe!

11/11/2007 6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I remember this act as a kid when they worked the shrine date in Minneapolis. One of them did a series of tinsicas around the entire track in that old (and beautiful...R.I.P.) Minneapolis Auditorium. Fantastic! Thanks for the memories!

3/13/2009 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home