YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

HAMID-MORTON CIRCUS: THE MAZURS

I don't know if it's really because I was having fun, but I do wonder where the time went. Frank Clark made this film over 50 years ago, it's in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, October 1956. I remember one thing well, the first thing we learned upon arrival was that Bob Morton had passed away. The lower leval of girders in Maple Leaf Gardens was 154', I don't think this act worked that high but I do remember they were up pretty high.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acts like this you don't see anymore.

Since this was 50 years ago---was their wardrobe considered a little skimpy for the times?

Tricks amazing, especially the man on the left doing toe hangs before going into the next trick.

The old days may not have always been the best, but they were more fun than today.

11/21/2007 8:28 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

As odd as it may seem, male aerialist & acrobats wore trunks clear back in the '30's.

11/21/2007 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home