YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

QUASSARS QUIZ: AMATEUR KNOCK ACT ABOUT 1952

These three YMCA gymnasts saw an ad in the paper for auditions being held in Columbus, Ohio for a TV show, called "Contest Carnival", they passed the audition, went to Phladelphia, & won the competition. The boy on the left, Bob Brugger, became a firefighter until retirement, the one on the right, Harry Kinnison, joined the airforce, & later became an aviation engineer, & wrote a book, "Aviation Maintanance Management", that is widely used to teach Aircraft Maintance. The third boy,(in the air)???? Two days before starting College he, "ran away to join the Circus", & never looked back. Who is he???? The talent scout for the TV show was Ray Beaudet, who was later a booking agent associated with Leo Grund.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tall enough to be John Herriott??

8/14/2007 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I have an inside track to the identity of this fellow. When he was growing up he could usually be found in the highest place in the neighborhood. It just may be your "Blog Host"

Brother Bob in Tennessee

8/14/2007 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JOHNNY...GORDAN....

8/14/2007 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one and only Bill Strong appearing with the YMCA Tumblers in the McGuffey Dads Minstrel in Springfield Ohio.

8/14/2007 8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has to be Bill Strong....he knew WAY too much info and the "Ohio" part is also a clue...

Lauren Fairchild

8/14/2007 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think Mr. Strong is that
tall??? LOL

8/15/2007 9:04 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Mr. Strong???????? Yep at's me, I think getting shorter sort of comes with age, not that I have a problem with that. I'm not going to lie about my age until I reach 39!!!!

8/15/2007 10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course, Mr. Strong.....much respect for you and your family, Bill....LOL LOL

8/15/2007 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill - having read your profile, I have to question your mathematical ability.
I know that you Americans do "math" rather than our British "maths", and that means you do less of it than we do, but I'm certain there is quite an overlap.
Unless, of course, you've managed to develop a new system,

John.

8/17/2007 7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Bill; Since I know we are both born on the same wonderful year' Thanks to your "Mathematic" I now feel so young.

8/17/2007 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home